Tier 2 Support Engineer
Exempt (Temporary, full-time)
None to minimum.
This position provides technical support and troubleshooting to customers for our software product and advise customers on our product features. This position requires to write product feature articles on our knowledge base website time to time. This position also ensures the Quality Assurance and integrity of all software products produced for distribution. Monitors processes and procedures in product development, resting and support under the guidance of the President.
Provide quality and consistent support to internal and external customers for all company software and related applications by:
- Troubleshooting software operational issues, installation issues and technical issues.
- Escalating unresolved issues as required, maintain ownership of issue through resolution.
- Achieve client satisfaction by:
- Ensuring required response time and resolution times are met;
- Timely response to support client complaints and requests.
- Perform required ad-hoc testing and provide progress reports to the stakeholders.
- Write and utilize knowledge-base articles, and on-site visits (as required) to educate customers and their communities on the solution.
- Report software items (defects and enhancements).
Maintain Issue Tracker, (“Support Portal”) Operation Logs and Support Log.
- Improve Operation and Support procedures by analyzing the different Support requests and issues.
- Manage and perform Quality Assurance testing periodically — testing the software products, finding bugs, entering bug details into the internal issue tracking system (“Zendesk”), retesting when Software Engineers report a patch has been made, and following up with stale (old, neglected, or forgotten) bug tickets.
- Customize materials, messages, web pages, and training for customers' communities through our knowledge base.
- Create technical documentation for customers.
- Utilize knowledge-base, and on-site visits (as required) to educate customers and their communities on the solution.
- Take incoming calls for business, product, and support inquires.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Any previous knowledge of Digital Asset Management (DAM) products is highly desirable.
- Experience in working with graphic softwares such as Adobe Creative Suite series, multimedia softwares such as iMovie and iPhoto, and/or imaging/ transcoding engines such as MediaRich or Telestream.
- Hands-on coding experience in Java and related technologies will be an added advantage.
- Sound working knowledge of Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.
- Experience in a pressurized support environment, dealing with customers.
- Accustomed to conducting research to find solutions to problems from various sources.
- Able to multi-task across several issues, and manage and prioritize own time. Demonstrated strong customer service/support skills.
- Knowledge of software support life-cycle.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Able to meet intense deadlines.
- Ability to interact will all levels of personnel.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of internet applications and databases are required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/ or boards of directors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Any kind of certification is highly desirable.